Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Revision/Rules

I want to thank everyone for their critique of what I had to propose last class because it really helped with understanding where I can take this animation. As a revision for my proposed idea that animation won't have a narrative because the viewer will be able to form one from their own perspective on seeing what is going on. One thing I may change is seeing if it really makes sense to stick it all in a circle template because after a while that perimeter may be a big pain in my side, but that could also enhance it. I also absolutely love the fact that this could be a major endurance test because I haven't drawn this much since the last time I took a portraiture drawing class.

Rules For Me:

Don't get distracted by any mistakes done by the process because mistakes can be beautiful.

Don't use any paper that has a coarse texture to it because it won't take the ink well

Don't try to concern myself with absolutely making a recognizable image.

Start with ballpoint pens for a beautiful straight line and then move into brushes

Try to be sparing with colors/ink washes so that I don't lose a lot of time/detail.

Allow up to only 2 to 3 mins for each drawing

I can look at inspiration or a keyword for each image being created to keep the brain flowing

I can also whenever I get a piece done, jot down the word or image that came to mind while drawing it

Keep everything gestural

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE CLEAN!!!!!

SOMETIMES SIMPLE IS NOT THE KEY FOR THIS!!!!!!

DON'T THINK TOO MUCH ON ONE IDEA, DRAW WHAT NATURALLY COMES TO YOU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment