Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Work In Progress.....Frustration

So I am having a little trouble getting some major progress on my project because of the whole not keyframing anything. It isn't hard but it makes you think of how to approach the same effects from a whole different level. Since I want to focus on nostalgia and memories as a key to emphasizing emotional content to the viewer, I need to totally allow the viewer to come within my brain and dissect it. It finally took talking to a few people tonight for it to fully click together and for me to actually try and storyboard this out so I don't end up killing myself over the weekend. I also need to create some scripts to help batch up the files and stack them on top of each other, but so far I figured out my best bet is to pull all of this together within After Effects. For some reason it makes things easier to organize in my mind. Photoshop CS5 just eats up too much resources even with crazy amounts of RAM and a powerful graphics card. I will post the storyboards on to this post along with my experiment once I find a scanner to use. For now I want to find some videos to use as inspiration to see how I can convey my information using the images....in terms of techniques not concept. The concept of the piece will be conveyed through the user watching me open up google and begin my search while organizing my madness of images into folders, as each year passes by and the segment of hurt increases for me the google page gets brighter and brighter until I reach the end where I just stop searching and I am completely happy. For this I will be digging up my old history text files and figure out what I did to search my content. Mucho thanks to Katy, Carter, and the class for helping me figure this out. This should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment