Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Is Google Making Us Stupid? Review

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2008/07/is-google-making-us-stupid/6868/

I find the article really really interesting in how I can totally agree with what he is talking about especially on the topic of concentration on materials. I can see how it could contribute to a major downfall in print magazines, newspapers, and etc.... because now we have an "unlimited" source of information streaming from the Internet. Personally I don't like to get my news or anything from the television or Internet so I don't push for it. If I really want to know what is going on in the world I have to pick up something physical. I feel quite the opposite of so many out there that have this conditioning thanks to Google and related search engines. I lost track of myself and concentration when I try to do something solely based off the Internet but if I have a book in my hand I am totally game on reading it cover to cover. I love books and I grew up doing everything based on books in contrast to my own personal experiences. I hope for the sake of many generations after this that they will continue to have books because I would hate what we have today to truly become some ancient form of knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment